Apricot and Ginger Wontons
Surimi won tons are dressed in an orange and apricot ginger sauce atop a salad of fresh apples, red onions, red bell peppers and garnished with crumbled goat cheese.
- ½ lb. SEALEGS Extreme Shred Surimi
- 2 Tbsp. Green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup Water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- ½ tsp. Sesame oil
- ½ tsp. Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 16-20 Wonton skins
- ⅔ Cup Granny Smith apples, julienned
- ⅓ Cup Red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ Cup Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ⅓ Cup Soft goat cheese, crumbled
For the Sauce:
- 1 Cup Orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. Dried apricots, chopped
- ½ Cup Orange sauce
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp. Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Orange zest
- To make the sauce, start by bringing the orange juice and apricots to a simmer in a small sauce pan, covered, and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add orange sauce, cinnamon stick, ginger powder, and orange zest, cover, and bring to a low simmer then cook for 5 minutes.
- Using a blender, food processor, or immersion blender, remove and reserve cinnamon stick and puree sauce until smooth.
- Return cinnamon stick to sauce and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavors to marry.
- To make the wonton filling, combine SEALEGS Extreme Shred Surimi with green onion, water chestnuts, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and sriracha in a bowl and stir with a spatula until well combined.
- Combine the water and cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside.
- To create wontons, place a wrapper in the center of your palm and fill with a heaping tablespoon of filling. Dip your finger in the cornstarch slurry and apply to the edges of the skin. Grasp the close side of the wonton skin with your thumb and forefinger and fold toward your fingertips then pinch together. Stand the wonton on its bottom in your palm and pinch the remaining two sides together. The wonton will naturally pleat as it is pinched together, secure it by pinching the center of the pleat and slightly twisting.
- Cook wontons either in a steamer for 4-6 minutes until tender or in a fryer for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Toss wontons with apricot and ginger sauce and serve over a salad of apples, red onion, red pepper then garnish with crumbled goat cheese.
More Sealegs Recipes
Lobster and Surimi Egg Rolls
Surimi Vichi Nacho Dip
Buttermilk Popcorn Surimi
Kimchi Surimi Potsticker
Smoked Surimi Dip Crostini
Little Smokey Corn Dogs
Amphibious Shu Mei
California Roll Salad
Double Happiness Bao Sliders